Hours: Sunrise to sunset daily
Hours: 8:30 – 6:00 pm daily
911 Delchester Road, Newtown Square, PA
Acquiring and creating this 86-acre jewel has been one of the most important projects the Trust has undertaken in terms of natural and scenic resources conserved and public benefits offered, including:
- The establishment of a permanent home for the Trust's Community Farm Program and Rushton Farm CSA whose mission is to model sustainable agricultural practices and promote the values of open space and natural resource protection to a broader community.
- The preservation and enhancement of one of the most critical sites for bird conservation within the Audubon designated Upper Ridley/Crum Important Bird Area (IBA);
- The establishment of the Rushton Woods Preserve Bird Banding and Monitoring Station to further ornithological research in the IBA and bring unique educational opportunities to the public;
- The creation of two miles of public walking and riding trails with connections to a broader network of trails in the Willistown area and beyond;
- The home of the Rushton Conservation Center which enhances the Trust’s research and education programs and provides important meeting space for students, researchers, and members of the Willistown community.
Rushton Woods Preserve is a true gift to the community, created through the generosity and foresight of a visionary group of county, state, and non-profit organizations and individuals. Read more about the remarkable private-public partnerships that created Rushton Woods Preserve, and how you can get involved.
Our preserves are open to the public year-round. We rely on donations from those who love and appreciate conserved land - people like you - to help us steward the fields, meadows and trails. Donations of any amount make a big difference! Thank you!