SUPERVISOR: Director of Rushton Conservation Center
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Willistown Conservation Trust is seeking an experienced candidate for the part-time (20+ hours per week, to include evenings and weekends) position of Rushton Conservation Center Event Support Manager (ESM) to assist the Trust in meeting its ambitious goals for the Rushton Conservation Center (RCC). The RCC was designed to support and enhance the Trust’s mission, which includes land protection and a commitment to community programs that help demonstrate the critical importance of protecting habitat and encouraging conservation of our natural resources, in our region and beyond. The RCC is a 2,800 square foot education building directly adjacent to a 6-acre sustainable farm. The RCC has a demonstration kitchen that seats 12 people, table seating for up to 40 people for farm-to-table dinners, and a gathering room that can hold up to 100 people for lectures and non-seated events. We will have events ranging from farm-to-table dinners and demonstration kitchen experiences that promote sustainable agriculture to lectures, community gatherings, workshops, and films allowing for the exploration of topics in conservation.
The Event Support Manager (ESM) has responsibility, in consultation with the Director of the RCC, for:
1. Scheduling and Coordinating Events.
- Fielding calls about facility use from interested parties.
- Negotiating contracts and communicating regarding pricing.
- Coordinating use schedule.
2. Managing Events.
- Coordinating set-up according to event requirements (internal and external events).
- Attending and/or staffing all events.
- Confirm conservation purpose requirement is met at all events.
- Remain on-site during event to trouble shoot.
- Coordinating any food service at all events.
- Serve as liaison between caterer/chef/culinary instructor and Guest.
- Oversee use of kitchen and facilities by caterer/chef/culinary instructor.
- Coordinating clean-up, which may vary based on contract (e.g. catered events vs. WCT programs).
- Managing building security during and at conclusion of event.
3. Managing Custodial Care of RCC.
- Oversee building maintenance staff (WCT caretaker and/or contractors).
- Oversee schedule for regular facility maintenance.
- Ensure proper maintenance between events.
- Manage facility supplies, including cleaning products, paper products, kitchen supplies, and pantry items.
Education – Preference for a Bachelor’s degree with a focus on hospitality, culinary arts, business, event planning, public relations, or hotel administration.
Professional Skills – The ideal candidate will have experience in the fields of event planning, food service, hotel administration, or public relations, with demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Event planning.
- Project management and organization.
- Coordinating events that incorporate food service.
- Communicating with the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Developing and executing maintenance plans for a facility or organization.
- Strong commitment to the Willistown Conservation Trust mission.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people to broaden the Trust’s circle of support.
- Excellent communication skills including confident public speaking abilities.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Sense of humor.
- Familiarity with the Trust program area and constituency is a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Trust is a non-smoking, dog-friendly organization, although dogs are not permitted inside the RCC.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Kathryn Kinkade Gord, Director of Rushton Conservation Center
Willistown Conservation Trust
925 Providence Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073