Preserve Volunteer Weekly Workday
Preserve Volunteer Workdays On Hold. We’re grateful for the interest expressed regarding our previously scheduled volunteer preserve workdays. We look forward to resuming them when it is safe to do so.
Willistown Conservation Trust maintains 3 public preserves, soon to be 4! With so much beautiful habitat, we need some help keeping these conserved lands looking their best for all visitors and ensuring they continue to provide healthy habitat for the many species that depend on them.
So the Stewardship Team hosts weekly volunteer work sessions running from 9 to noon and tasks will include:
- Cutting/removing invasive plants
- Clearing vines from trees and tree cages
- Planting native trees and shrubs
- Pruning trees and shrubs
- Trail clean-up and maintenance
- Stream clean-up
The Trust will provide necessary tools. But if you have any of the following tools, you are welcome to bring them along. Please ensure any tools are prominently marked with your name and phone number. We cannot be responsible for personal tools that may be lost or stolen.
- Hand pruners
- Soil knife
- Hand saw
You can come for the whole session or as long as you’re able.
Helpful Volunteer Tips
- Unless otherwise noted, preserve workdays will be held rain or shine
- Bring plenty of water
- Please arrive 15 minutes or so before the start of the work session to fill out forms (new volunteers) and sign in
- Dress in layers for the weather
- Take precautions against ticks
- Use sunscreen and mosquito repellent as needed
- Wear sturdy boots or shoes
- A hat or cap and work gloves are recommended
Sign up today and join us. Please sign up separately for each workday you wish to attend on the corresponding calendar listing.