Our nature preserves are open to the public 365 days per year from sunrise to sunset, providing natural places that offer peace and respite for all. Willistown Conservation Trust owns and manages three nature preserves in the Willistown area - Ashbridge, Kirkwood and Rushton Woods Preserve. We maintain these lands for the … Learn more about our nature preserves.
Community Supper Series Picnic: Tabachoy Philly and Deer Creek Malthouse
Tabachoy is coming to Rushton! Tabachoy’s roving Filipino cuisine food cart is taking a field trip to the Willistown countryside for a special Community Supper Series Picnic. Featuring fresh produce from Rushton Farm, Tabachoy will be offering a variety of rice bowls and sides to enjoy with your friends and family. With plans to open a brick and mortar restaurant in South Philly next year, this is a wonderful way to become acquainted with Tabachoy here on the farm.
The Hetzel Brothers will be back with LIVE MUSIC to provide our picnic soundtrack, along with our go-to beer from malt product partners Deer Creek Malthouse. If you would like to pre-order your beer, or other baking products, please visit Deer Creek’s website to place your order and select Rushton Farm as your pickup location.
Here’s a look at Tabachoy’s menu for the evening! You will be able to order onsite, no pre-ordering necessary.
Rice Bowls Garlic fried rice with atchara (pickled salad of carrots, green papaya, garlic and onions) and your choice of protein below:
– $12 Chicken Adobo: Two bone-in chicken thighs, braised in a soy sauce and vinegar marinade. Topped with scallions and fried shallots.
– $11 Pork Tocino: Sweet and salty cured pork shoulder. Topped with scallions and fried shallots.
– $11 Vegan Ginataan Kalabasa: Butternut squash and jackfruit braised in coconut milk with a medley of fresh vegetables. Topped with scallions and fried shallots.
– $12 Pork Longanisa: Two sweet and garlicky pork sausage links. Topped with Scallions and fried shallots.
– $5 Cucumber Salad: sliced cucumbers tossed in our house-made tamarind vinaigrette. Topped with scallions.
– $5 Pork Longanisa on a Bun: Our house-made longanisa sausage on a hot dog bun, topped with our curry mayo and scallions.
Event Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Parking: Rushton Farm, 911 Delchester Road, Newtown Square, PA 19037
BYO: picnic setup, including chairs, blankets, beverages and anything else you would like to complete your picnic!
Stop inside the RCC! Be sure to stop into the RCC to view original plein air artwork by local artists painted at our three nature preserves: Ashbridge, Kirkwood and Rushton Woods Preserves. All artwork is for sale through Land Arts Events with a portion of the proceeds donated to the Trust.
Masks are required inside the Rushton Conservation Center, regardless of vaccination status. Please be mindful of setting up 6′ between other picnic groups. If you are feeling unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, please stay home and stay safe.
If you have questions about this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.